- Email communications: inquiries submitted via email
- Form data: requests for information or additional assistance
- CAD Downloads
Information Collection and Use
Smalley’s website does not require registration for most applications. Some areas of the site may require the user to submit contact information when submitting requests for information, samples, catalogs, CAD models or when Smalley may need to follow up with additional questions regarding a submitted application requirement. We reserve the right to contact any user who submits a request regarding questions pertaining to the specified request.
To simplify the user experience, Smalley may also automatically collect information such as IP addresses and specific computer information. Smalley may use “Cookies” to collect some of this information. Accepting cookies will allow for smoother navigation of the Smalley website, allowing pages to load faster and prevent repetitive entering of information.
Smalley maintains log files that may contain user information and requests. Smalley’s log files are protected from outside access and used to improve the functionality of the website. Log files allow Smalley to determine the paths most frequently followed on the site to update areas of high traffic.
Right to Information
Under the law of some countries, you may have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal information. You may also have the right to correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal information and to obtain the personal information you provided to us in a specified format. In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information in some circumstances (where Smalley doesn’t have to process the information to meet a contractual or other legal requirements, or where Smalley is using the information for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited in certain circumstances (including if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which Smalley is legally obligated to keep or has compelling legitimate interests in keeping).
To exercise any of these rights or if you have any related questions, suggestions or complaints, you can contact Smalley’s data protection officer referenced below.
Data Protection Officer
Smalley Steel Ring Co.
555 Oakwood Road
Lake Zurich, Illinois 60047
Pages of our website that collect information that may be used by such advertising partners for interest-based advertising purposes are identified by a link to AdChoices in the footer of the page.
Note: The process to opt-out of interest-based advertising is different for web browsers and mobile apps.
1. Opting out on website pages. If you do not want your online browsing while on such pages to be used for interest-based advertising purposes, you may click on the AdChoices link in the footer to opt-out of such uses by the listed advertising partner(s). An opt-out applies only to the device and browser in use at the time of opting out. If you clear your browser cookies and wish to remain opted out of interest-based advertising, you must opt-out again. See the following paragraph to learn more about how opting out works. Even if you opt-out through this service, we may still collect non-personally identifiable information regarding your site activities and use it for non-interest-based advertising purposes.
1a. Opt-out Compliance Service for interest-based advertisements. This site and advertisements on third-party sites that link to this privacy statement use the Ghostery assurance service to comply with the cross-industry Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising (now generally known as interest-based advertising) managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) (http://www.aboutads.info). When you opt-out on site pages, or through such advertisements, Ghostery conveys your opt-out election(s) to the applicable advertising partner(s), which then know to place a cookie on your specific computer and browser (and only the specific computer and browser from which you opt-out) indicating that you have opted out. If you clear your browser cookies and wish to remain opted out of interest-based advertising, you must opt-out again. The list of our advertising partners that place cookies on this website may be updated from time to time. To opt-out of internet-based advertising by all DAA-participating companies and to learn more about interest-based advertising, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
2. Opting out of in App interest-based advertisements. iOS and Android mobile device users, and possibly users of other mobile devices, may control in App advertisements by disabling or resetting the mobile device advertiser ID. Below are links to instructions for controlling advertising IDs on iOS and Android devices.
iOS – click here
Android - click here
See the Opting out on website pages section above for opting out of interest-based advertising related to your mobile phone’s browser.
3. Opting out through online advertisements. Advertisements on third-party websites that contain the AdChoices link and that link to this privacy statement may have been directed to you based on anonymous, non-personally identifiable information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt-out of the advertising partners' use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes. Even if you opt-out through this service, we may still collect and use information from the advertisements for non-interest-based advertising purposes, such as to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
Smalley’s website may contain links to third party websites. After a user has left the Smalley website, Smalley has no control or responsibility for third party privacy policies. Concerns related to the privacy policies set forth by other companies should be addressed to the operators of that website.
Smalley uses accepted security measures to protect information on this site. Access to log files is extremely limited, open only to the site administrators. While we make every effort to safeguard information, due to the nature of the Internet we cannot completely guarantee unauthorized access between our hosting servers and you.